This Privacy Notice explains how Fame Media Tech Limited, the owner and operator of the n-gage website and mobile apps, will collect, hold and use your personal information. This is an important responsibility which we take very seriously. We aim to ensure that personal information is protected and is always used fairly and transparently. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up to date.
Who are we?
We are Fame Media Tech Limited. Our company registration number is 11579910 and our registered office is at 15 Parsons Court, Welbury Way, Aycliffe Business Park, County Durham, DL5 6ZE.
Who is this Privacy Notice for?
This Privacy Notice is for everyone who visits this website www.n-gage.io (“Our Site”) and for everyone who downloads or uses any of our operator apps which are licensed for use by our clients (“Our Apps”). Our Apps are designed to enhance the audience experiences of clients with whom we work (“Operators”). They also allow Operators to increase engagement and provide insights into audience behaviour.
How do we collect your personal information?
Most of the personal information we collect will come from you directly. We will obtain it from you when you browse Our Site, when you contact us through Our Site and when you download and use Our Apps. As you interact with Our Site and Our Apps, we will automatically collect information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. Some of this information may be collected by our website host. We may also receive your personal information from Operators. If you use Our Apps, we will also obtain information about the visits you make to Operators’ site(s) or locations.
What information do we collect and use?
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
• Identity and contact information
This includes your name and email address if you choose to give us these details when contacting us through Our Site or when signing up to Our Apps. It also includes your date of birth and gender if you choose to give us these details when signing up to Our Apps. We may also collect your name, email address and purchase history from third party ticket suppliers when related to ticketing or other purchases, together with details of any sponsorship arrangements or annual memberships you hold and of any vouchers you redeem.
• Audience experience information
If you allow us to collect it, this includes the times at which you arrive at and depart from the Operator’s site or location, the route you take through the Operator’s site or location, details of your interactions with the Operator (such as your answers to quizzes and your connection to beacons) and details of any purchases you make. It also includes any photos or video clips you choose to upload to Our Apps.
• Correspondence, feedback and similar information
This includes information that you provide when completing forms on Our Site or Our Apps, when you subscribe to any of our services, when you upload content to Our Apps, when you correspond with us, when your request further information and when you report a problem or make a complaint.
• Technical information
How will we use the information we collect?
• understand the way in which you use Our Site
• enable us to identify and match your booking details when you download Our Apps
• register you as a user of Our Apps, create and host your user profile and enable and manage your use of Our Apps
• personalise your experience of using Our Site and Our Apps
• record and display details of any “adoptions” you make
• collate visitor experience information and make it available to Operators
• prepare anonymised statistical information and reports and make them available to Operators
• resolve any concerns, complaints or issues which you raise in relation to Our Site, Our Apps or to any visits you make to Operators’
sites or locations
• administer and protect our business and technology
• improve the experience of using Our Site and Our Apps
• make suggestions and recommendations to you about services that may be of interest to you, but we will not send you any
unsolicited marketing or spam
• enable Operators to send you, via Our Apps, marketing communications and push notifications
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably decide that we need to use it for another appropriate reason.
What is our legal basis for using your information?
In most cases, we will use your information because it is in our legitimate interests to do so. Where we propose to do this, we will consider your own personal rights, interests and freedoms. We will only proceed where we are satisfied that your personal interests do not override ours. On other occasions, we will use your information because we have your permission to do so.
With whom do we share your information?
We may share your data with other companies in our group. We may do so to provide our services, as part of our regular reporting activities on company performance, in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise, to take advice from colleagues in other group companies, for system maintenance support. We will also share your information with those Operators whose sites or locations you visit. The Operators may then use your information for marketing and other purposes. Other than this, we will not sell or share your personal information for any marketing purposes whatsoever.
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, subscription services and advertising and marketing. We may also share your information with external service providers such as our lawyers and other professional advisers.
In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your information. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our external service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes; we permit them to process your personal information only for specified purposes and only in accordance with our instructions.
In certain circumstances we may be legally required to share your personal information; for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings or to comply with a legal requirement.
Do we send your information abroad?
Whenever we transfer your personal information outside the UK, we will ensure it retains a similar degree of protection. We will normally do this by transferring it only to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information. Where this is not possible, we will use specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give personal information the same protection it has in the UK.
How do we keep your information secure?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed without authorisation, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your information to those employees who have a business need to know (such as our customer service personnel and technical staff). They will deal with your information only on our instructions, and they are subject to a strict duty of confidentiality. We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
For how long do we retain your information?
We will retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. When deciding the period for which we need to retain your information, we also consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the information, the risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the information, and any legal requirements which apply. Typically, we will retain your information for a period of two years from the date on which it was collected or, if later, from the date on which you last used Our Apps. If you have consented to us using your information for marketing purposes, we will retain it until you tell us that you withdraw your consent. We may retain information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of a legal dispute or regulatory investigation to which the information is likely to be relevant.
What are your legal rights?
You have the right to:
• request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it
• request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected
• request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to hold it
• object to our using your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to our doing so
• request the restriction of the way we use of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to restrict our use of your personal information, for example if you have asked us to erase it or if you have objected to the way in which we use it
• request the transfer of your personal information to someone else
• withdraw consent. If you have given us your consent to use your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact Bryan Hoare, our Data Protection Officer. You can do so by writing to him at 15 Parsons Court, Welbury Way, Aycliffe Business Park, County Durham, DL5 6ZE 2BY, or by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to all requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
If you wish to discuss any privacy or data protection matter or if you wish to make a complaint, please contact our Data Protection Officer whose name and contact details are given above.
You may also make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office, the UK’s supervisory authority for data protection matters. Contact details are available at www.ico.org.uk.